campusflava

Monday, June 16, 2014

I’ve not declared any political intention -Aliyu

Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, on Monday said that he has not declared any ambition for the election taking place in 2015.

There had been speculations that the governor was either angling for the Vice Presidential slot or senatorial seat of the Niger East Senatorial district of the state on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party.

He told a delegation from Shiroro and Lapai local government areas of the state who paid him a condolence visit over the death of Senator Dahiru Awaisu Kuta who represented Niger East in the National Assembly until last week and the demise of three other prominent sons of the state who pledged their support for whatever ambition the governor may have, that he hasn’t told anybody that he will contest in 2015.

He said, “I have not told anybody what i want. I believe that as God did it for me in 2007 he will still determine what is good for me in 2015.

“I am not the only politician in the area I am not the only knowledgeable person I thank you for your belief in me.

“We thank God that people appreciate what we are doing in our lifetime and are saying it to make us do more.”

No comments: