The first round of the competition was awarded in 2011 with 1200 successful businesses. Here is a very informative interview with one of the 2011 YouWINers. The 2012 (second) round of the entrepreneurial scheme – YouWIN Women, was designed exclusively for female entrepreneurs, age 45 or less.
Introducing YouWin 3!
The 2013 YouWIN Business competition (third edition) will be launch by the president, within the month of August, for both men and women entrepreneurs in Nigeria between ages 18 and 40.
Step 1: See Who is Eligible to Apply
To be eligible for the Business Plan Competition you must satisfy the following criteria
- You must be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 40 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required)
- You must have a post-secondary school qualification
- Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
- Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution
- You must prepare an innovative business concept summary
Step 2: See How to Apply
Register here. You will receive a confirmation email from YouWIN! with all the details you will need to log in. More on how to apply
Step 3: Complete New Business Application
Once you have successfully registered you need to Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side (the link will be visible once the competition is launched in August 2013). You can save your application form as you go along, and come back to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send it. You can submit only ONE application.
After the closing date you will be notified if you have been selected for the next stage of the competition.
YouWIN 3! Competition Timeline