campusflava

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Rachel Bakam sings different song

Few months ago, Kaduna-born TV personality, Rachel Bakam Edjeren, in an interview with Saturday Punch, said she loved her husband because he was “caring and supportive.”

But at the moment, it looks that things have fallen apart between this presenter and her one time TV personality husband, Isreal Edjeren.

The pretty actress who presents an Hausa programme, Yanayin Zamani da Rachel on Africa Magic Hausa has reverted to her maiden name.

In a press release, the presenter told the world that her marriage was over.

‘’I have recently undergone some unpleasant changes in my life. Hard as it is sometimes, change is a constant part of life, so I am trying my best to take it all in stride. Ordinarily, this is a part of my life that I will prefer to keep private. But as media personalities, we don’t always have the luxury of a completely private life.

“I have wonderful fans whom I am loyal to and who deserve to know certain things if I expect them to continue to trust me. My marriage has been going through a very difficult time. For very private reasons, we have decided it best to go our separate ways,” she said.

And since the news hit the social networks, so many people have accused the couple of engaging in extra marital affairs, which eventually led to the break-up.

Some others went on to accuse Rachel of dumping Israel because he is currently facing hard times while ‘Team Rachel’ accused Israel of not sleeping with his wife but chose to sleep with other women.

Rachel probably couldn’t take the hate messages on the social network as she quickly defended herself saying, “I don’t see this as a tragedy. It is a way forward in destiny. Even if it was meant for evil, God turns it around for good. We did our best. About the rumours going round, it is not in my place to address that. I have someone bigger who does exactly that because all I do is for His Glory. Whoever tries to slander my name fights God because I am the apple of His eyes. I let the matter rest now. Even if you don’t believe in God, this experience will teach you that there indeed is a God.”

Meanwhile, Saturday Beats called Rachel and her ex on the phone but their lines were switched off.

Both parties have yet to reply to an email sent to them as of press time.

No comments: