campusflava

Sunday, November 30, 2014

For music, Yungskillsz woos Fine Lady

But for his age, his manner of singing and composition style would make one think he started music many years ago. But Oluwatobiloba Bello, whose stage name is Yungskillsz, revealed that he started singing professionally at age 15. He is now 17 years old.

The young singer is also not wooing any lady because his focus is on how to hit stardom. But as a hip-hop singer he blends with happenings and market demands hence the title of his six-track album, Fine Lady.

He said, ‘‘I am about to round off my secondary school education and intends to further my studies after finishing. I like music and get much support from my mother but that does not mean I will halt my education for music. I am a hip-hop artist and have been singing since I was 11 years old. I have a six-track album titled Fine Lady. I have produced a video for one of the tracks and album title, Fine Lady. It is a hit track. The album has tracks like Pariwo, My Mother, Happy Day, Rita Dance and Tins Fall Apart.’’

Yungskillsz added that the album has a lot of messages because he determined to always sing songs that have great appeal.

According to him, he knows that he must release good songs if he truly wants to stay relevant in the industry as he grows.

‘‘I make sure that I blend my songs with good messages even if I want to sing a love song. Tins Fall Apart is a song that took me time to compose because of the invaluable messages in it. It examines the differences between the rich and the poor. The album was released in 2009. I experienced some challenges when I wanted to record the first track. It took a long time because the producer insisted that I should take my time. I am happy that I listened to the advice because I am happy each time I listen to the song,’’ he stated.

He also said the same standard was insisted upon when he wanted to shoot the video of Fine Lady while also appreciating God for empowering him to meet the financial obligation of the video.

The singer said, ‘‘It is not easy combining school and music because both occupy time. I really want to thank God who has been supporting me. Many of my teachers have been quite nice and encouraging me to forge ahead in my chosen career. They also counselled me on the importance of quality education.’’

No comments: