campusflava

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Reliving Dreams of Yesterday

Delectable actress, Lillian Amah-Aluko, is a Nollywood star who effortlessly combines her writing prowess with acting.   Amah-Aluko, who had earlier published a novel titled, Echoes of a Heartbeat, told Arts Dome that the ink of her pen recently produced another novel, Dreams of Yesterday.

But unlike the first work published in print and later as an e-book, the second novel is entirely an online publication.

She said, ‘‘My first novel was initially published in print. It is also now an e-book. My latest book will eventually be published in print form. I made it an e-book because it was easier to get an e-book publisher. When I get a traditional publisher, my new novel will also be out in print.’’

The actress, whose first movie role was as Alero in Out Of Bounds, said the book captures the lives, loves, triumphs and trials of a bi-ethnic couple in a time of war.

‘‘The book looks at inter-ethnic relationships in a multi-ethnic country. I was motivated to write it because I want to unravel/gain insight into the minds and lives of Nigerians married to people from other ethnic groups. In the book, I try to explore themes such as love, loyalty, betrayal and sacrifice, ’’ she said.

The talented actress also said the titles of the two books; Echoes of a Heartbeat and Dreams of Yesterday were chosen because they spoke to her heart.

The actress stated, ‘‘Both titles for me encapsulate the stories I sought to tell. The same titles are also used for the e-books.”

On the challenges encountered in the course of writing her first and latest novel, Amah-Aluko said she did not experience any tough challenges either while she was writing or publishing, adding ‘‘My publisher made it very easy as all I had to do was send my manuscript. Once it was accepted, they did all the work. Even the striking cover design was handled by them.’’

No comments: