campusflava

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ogba Zoo: Nature in city’s heart

My name is Jemiah Pere. I am also known as Myah J, which is also my stage name. I am an African American and of Cherokee descent. I was born in the United States of America but my family hails from Bayelsa State. I grew up in the United States with my mother where I relocated to Atlanta. There, I attended dental school and worked as a dental technician/assistant for four years until I fell in love with the camera.

Entertainment

I started in the entertainment industry as a print and video model. I was introduced to music in 2010. I had never even recorded before and once I did, I was stuck. I couldn’t think of anything else. Music freed me. It gave me a vision on life. It made me realise what I wanted to do and how to do it. My genre of music is hip hop. I love it when music moves the room. I love to create such sound because it is amazing to me. I also love to dance. With me, music, sexiness and dance can be mixed together and these become magical. These are elements which go with my music. They cannot be separated one from another. I’m currently working on my mix tape and album in the United States. I’m also filming my own reality series which will show my struggles in life; my accomplishments now and how I am trying to prove myself as a female artiste.

Music in Nigeria

I am relocating to Nigeria but will live half year here and the next half in the United States. Already, I am producing a complete Nigerian album, which I intend to saturate the market with.

Men cannot intimidate me

Even with the number of men in the Nigerian music industry, I am not intimidated. I have read of a few girls who are making waves in music and I am encouraged. I am not deterred and I know by the time my music hits the market, I will be recognised and make a name. Already, I have an established fan base and I get inspiration from the love my fans shower on me. Collabo? I’m a fan of so many Nigerian artistes and my list of collabos is very long.

Fashion

I like things that are sexy, which stand out and with colours but I don’t have a particular style. Currently, I’m getting more into fashion but my only fetish is for shoes. I can’t control myself when shoes are involved. I am good at picking shoes but when buying clothes, it’s a chore.

Beauty

I love my skin to be clean. It has to stay clean. Therefore, I try to focus on my skin and cleanse my face. I cleanse my face in between applying make-up daily. Lately, I am working on becoming a vegetarian and I’m eating plenty of fish, very little chicken, no beef, and no pork. Quite challenging but I think I can do it.

Dream

My dream is to be one of the biggest female moguls in the world. Oprah is my inspiration. I plan to become a successful black woman.

No comments: