campusflava

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Firm Offered Scholarship To 200 Nigerian Students

Over 200 Nigerian Students have been offered scholarship in the last four year by the APM Terminals Apapa Limited.

The Managing Director of the company, Mr. Andrew Dawes, made this known in Lagos while presenting scholarship to 50 students.

According to him, the beneficiaries are students in the nation’s universities and polytechnics.

Dawes said, “Our CSR seeks active community involvement in every location that APM Terminals operates in developing and developed countries. The scheme will afford beneficiaries the opportunity to acquire excellent training and development with our company.

“The beneficiaries who did their internship with us also have the opportunity to join the company after graduation.”

One of the beneficiaries, Abraham Okhale, said the exposure and experience he acquired during his industrial training were rewarding.

Okhale, a student of the Auchi Polytechnic, Edo State, added, “The experience helped me immensely when I returned to school after the industrial attachment.

“I experienced the practical aspect of what I was taught in the class.”

Another beneficiary, Fidelis Ekeocha of the Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron, Akwa Ibom State, said, “It was a great opportunity doing my industrial training at the APM Terminals. I also thank the company for the scholarship and for preparing me well for future life challenges in the industry. This is one place I would love to work in future.”


No comments: